Thursday, November 24, 2011

And I am Thankful for Chocolate

The first order of business for today is.... HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I hope all of your bellies are full, and your hearts too with happy feelings :) I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Thanksgiving is always one of my favorite days of the year. Well to be frank, I just love this time of year anyway, but I love a great meal, and my mom is the best cook in the whole wide world if you ask me! I always aspire to be as great as she in the kitchen. I'm not there, but I continue to try..

So! In my effort to refine my cooking skills ;) Last night I made an amazingly easy, yet an amazingly delicious fudge-y chocolate brownie pecan pie, thanks to a recipe I found on Pinterest! It is seriously super delicious, and I can't wait to share these pies with Jake and I's families. But let it be known that I have a serious addiction to chocolate...  And this is seriously chocolate-y. To me, that's heaven.

If you're interested, look for the recipe under the photos :)







In case you were wondering... YES it IS as delicious as it looks! Um yeah, of course I had to taste test it! Can't be bring lack luster creations to my master cook of a mother! Hehe



See the recipe below if you're interested!


Ingredients:
(makes two pies)

3/4 cup melted butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon self rising flour
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups pecans
1 package brownie mix with ingredients listed on box (often as simple as eggs, water, and vegetable oil)
2 frozen deep dish pie shells


Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Place brown sugar in large bowl and work out lump. Add flour and stir together until the flour disappears. 
  • Add corn syrup and vanilla. Stir until thoroughly combined
  • Add melted butter. Fold into mixture until it disappears (for me this took awhile, but eventually blended nicely - my butter may have been too warm)
  • Loosely beat two eggs in a separate bowl and fold into mixture until the eggs disappear
  • Stir in pecans and set aside
  • Prepare brownie batter as instructed on package
  • Remove two frozen pie shells from the freezer and divide brownie batter evenly between the two
  • Spoon pecan pie mixture evenly between the two shells
  • Bake for 40-45 minutes. Place large sheet of foil across the top of the two pies for the last 10-15 minutes to avoid crust from browning too much
  • Remove from oven and cool

I let mine cool for a few hours and then moved to the fridge. After being in the fridge for a few hours, it was the perfect setting. It was recommended to serve refrigerated and I second that notion!



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...